Friday, February 22, 2013

AND (in the near future) A PERSONAL LOOK AT THE HISTORY OF SEATTLE NEW WORLD AFRICAN MUSIC RADIO STATION KYAC - AS TOLD BY WAGRadio's PAL Mr. MIKE "SKY VALLEY RADIO" CHERRY. DJZigZag sez, "I CAN HARDLY WAIT . . ."

.

Here's what Mike Cherry recently wrote when asked by DJZigZag to provide WAGRadio "a short history of KYAC and also how you fit in and include any insights and dates and your current feelings (let it all hang our - or as much as you want).  We will post it on the WAGRadio blog and will be very appreciative."
Mike Cherry replied, "I promise I will do this and will keep notes to assemble everything I can recall.  This will require a bit of time - something I have lots of right now!  Some research is also needed using a reputable site which has extensive collections of newspaper radio schedules' showing what DJs were on air at what times on Seattle stations. Many personalities on the KYAC DJ roster then.  I'll do what I can - I know lots but was only working there for 2 1/2 years (of the insanity). Thanks for sending scans of those surveys - wished Feliks Banel had these as it was tough piecing together remnants of "Soul Radio-o-o-o-o-o-o KYAC".  Just the ownership structure of KYAC alone is a murky, quirky history that is a completely separate story." 
WAGRadio Management

No comments: